This is dark me. Sad. Depressed. Lonely. Hurt. Broken. Tainted. Tarnished. Me. Attempting to fix me.
Anxiety & Helping Someone Cope.
I didn’t want to make it overwhelming or too long remember, so I kept it to the main points that benefit me greatly when I’m experiencing an attack.
40 million of Americans alone suffer with anxiety; it’s a horrid feeling when you know someone just wants to help you but you cannot even construct a simple sentence at the time, so please share this in hope that it benefits even just 1 person. Muchos love.
to add, some people don’t want to admit they’re having an attack while going through it or are trying to distract themselves and not focus on it, so it’s nice if you just act casual and not all overly concerned or panicky over that person, that can just make them feel even worse
it always helps me feel better when someone just kinda chats casually to me, not acknowledging my anxiety and being patient if im slow to respond or barely respond at the moment
(i tend to say ‘yeah im okay/fine/whatever’ if someone asks me ‘whats wrong’ even if im clearly not okay)
This is good advice
do you ever, all of a sudden, get this overwhelming wave of self hatred? like suddenly you hate your body, every inch, your face, your voice, your smile, your laugh, your personality. you just want to disappear because you can’t stand to be yourself.
Being able to say you’re depressed is hard. Ppl look at it like you’re selfish or unworthy or existing…
That’s y I stay to myself…
- People: I thought you recovered.
- People: I thought you were happy.
- People: I thought you were smart.
- People: I thought you were clean.
- People: I though you said you'd always say no.
- People: I thought you were going to stop letting us down.
- People: I thought you would change.
- People: I thought you had feelings.
- People: I thought you were always sober.
- People: I thought you were done fucking up.
- Me: Sorry.
- My Mind: They're right. I thought so too.
It’s Not Your Fault
I think everyone at some point in their life needs to hear this
rest easy Robin <3